Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I almost died tonight... again... yup, just mind-wandering while driving and whoops... CRICKEY... on the other side of the damn road.  If it wasn't for the miniature roundabouts, I wouldn't be here to tell my quirky stories.

1. So on the very first days of living here, we saw a bunch of guys walking out of the liquor store with a case of VB.  Hey... don't they drink VB here in Australia?  Isn't VB the international sign of Australian beer? So, moments later, here I am with a case of VB.  A few days later, we have a BBQ with the Carine phys ed staff.  Here's my chance to impress... out comes the marinated steak, the thai noodle salad, and a case of cold brew VB beer!  Let's just say the response from the true Aussie faithful was not what I was expecting.  It turns out that VB is the lowest totem on the beer pole, the kid that always gets picked last at table tennis, and the international sign of "WTF"!  From there, I've been educated on drinking more respectful beverages like Little Creatures and Crown Lager.  Now that I think about it, those guys we saw on the first night were like 18 years old... hmmmm.  Stay thirsty my friends.

2. Why did I ever think of bringing sweaters to Australia??? I must say, showering 3 times a day feels so amazing!!! I've never been so clean in my life!

3. No shoes? No shirt? Is there an "issue" papa?

4. Made my famous BBQ turkey meatloaf the other day... popped it in the oven and baked it at 350'F... then discovered halfway that there is no Fahrenheit in Australia and everything is in Celsius!!! Whoops... one burnt meatloaf coming up!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment